MASJID E NABAWI
Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it. Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished.Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam
MADINAH MASJID E NABAWI originally built by the Islamic prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam in 622, it is in the city of Medina, Hejazi region of Saudi Arabia. Islam considers it to be the second largest and holiest mosque after the Great Mosque of Mecca. The site of the Mosque was originally adjacent to Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam house. Important features of the mosque is the Green Dome, the place was Aisha's house Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam beloved wife is now the resting place where the tomb of Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam is placed.
About Al-Masjid an-Nabawi !
The land was owned by Sahal and Suhayl, partly as a place for drying dates, Refusing to "accept the land as a gift", Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam bought the land and it took seven months to complete the construction of the mosque. It measured 30.5 m × 35.62 m (100.1 ft × 116.9 ft).
Many caliphs have renovated and decorated the Mosques first Rashidun caliph Abu Bakr, second caliph Umar, third caliph Uthman, in 707, Abbasid caliph Al-Mahdi extended the mosque to the north by 50 metres His name was also inscribed on the walls of the mosque.
The Rawdah covered by the dome was constructed during the reign of Sultan Mahmud II. The dome was painted green in 1837 C.E. and came to be known as the "Green Dome". The chamber adjacent to the Rawdah holds the tombs of Muhammad and two of his companions, father-in-laws and caliphs, Abu Bakr and Umar ibn al-Khattab.
After the foundation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 1932, the mosque underwent several major modifications.